So, here's to tonight, one more night I feel like going to sleep and never waking up, one more night which could last forever but won't just to taunt me, one more night that'll see the day because life goes on whether or not you want it to, because deep inside some of us, there is a little part that must die tonight so we can wake up in the morning to start living life like tonight never happened.
Here's to tonight; because some won't make it through the night, that they have the strength to not get up, kudos to them, but if you think they're stupid, maybe you are because not everyone wants to see the morning as much as you do, and I'm sorry if you're offended but I'm just saying it like it is.
Here's to tonight, that it will only last so long is a pity because I need more hours in the day to right the wrongs I've committed, and I need more time to organize my thoughts which are never straight, and the destinations in my head seem so far away and maybe if the night would last longer, maybe I could get there, but I won't, not tonight.
Here's to the time between night and morning, that it takes the effort to separate my two days which are indistinguishable, I am grateful, because tonight I had thoughts and feelings and awareness that are not commensurate with my person; thoughts, feelings and awareness that I wish I didn't have, that this time tries to make me believe in more, I am grateful, because not all things are worth the fight, but some deserve better.
Here's to the morning, because everything is better in the morning, when you've had time to arrange your thoughts; and maybe they're right, maybe time does heal the wounds, maybe, if not today, it will be better tomorrow, or the day after, or the week after, or the year after, or the decade after, but if not, then so be it, at least I know I tried to work, though I am a broken thing, at least I tried to function.
Here's to the afternoon, which knows that you have got shit to do and helps you to not think, because, hey, there is shit to be done.
Here's to the evening, the detestable evening, because it knows you don't want to but it gives you time to gather your thoughts so you may be a better person tonight, although not likely, so that maybe you'll give tomorrow another chance.
And maybe, you'll end the evening, saying, "Here's to tonight, on a brighter note." Maybe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nearly all the last lines resound as something beautiful. I loved a lot of this piece.
aw, thanks, nic =) that means a lot to me.
Post a Comment